Remote Plasma Cleaners
The Piccolo is a manual load system designed for surface cleaning of various types substrates, wafers or lead-frame packages. The system operates with a remote RF plasma source in the downstream process mode. The LFC150 is a manual load batch system designed for surface cleaning of various types of lead-frame packages typically housed in magazines. The system operates with a remote DC plasma source generated by a hot filament.
Typical applications include:
- Surface activation and soft chemical removal of oxides or organic residues
- Surface cleaning of lead-frames, plastic microelectronic packages, MEMS or micro-optic packages, hybrid or multi-chip modules
- Surface treatment for improvement of gluing, bonding or encapsulation
High Volume Remote Plasma Cleaners
As throughput needs increase both the RF and DC remote sources are offered in production based magazine equipment. The LFC063 can handle substrates up to 280 mm x 330 mm, and the Flexliner can handle substrates up to 330 mm x 330 mm. The systems include all the features of the base remote plasma systems, but add features such as sophisticated sensing for reliable high speed operation, and they are designed for minimal movement of substrates and magazines.
The systems are available in a number of configurations:
- The substrates are moved from the input magazine into the process chamber and then into the output magazine.
- The substrates are moved from the input magazine into the process chamber and then are returned to the same magazine.
SAMCO plasma cleaners can process samples for surface modification.
Cyclic Olefin Copolymer (COC) coupons were processed using a plasma cleaner and characterized with water contact angle.
Depending on the process recipe, the samples showed hydrophobic or hydrophobic surfaces.
Contact Angle : 90.9°
COC after Hydrophilic Treatment
Contact Angle : 5.8°
COC after Hydrophobic Treatment
Contact Angle : 128.0°
|Remote Plasma Cleaners||High Volume Remote Plasma Cleaners|
|Loading||Manual Load||Cassette Loading|
|Sample Size||330 mm x 330 mm
|280 mm x 330 mm
330 mm x 330 mm
|Gases||Up to 4 gas lines|
|Plasma Mode||RF Remote Plasma Source
Hot Cathode or Hollow Cathode
|RF Power||600/1000 W|
|System Control||Easy-to-use Touch-panel GUI|
|System Features||• Wafer or strip guide||• Magazine for high throughput
• Gentile substrate handling with minimal movement
• Surface cleaning of metal leadframes and plastic microelectronic packages
• Surface treatment for improvement of gluing, bonding or encapsulation
• Mainly surface activation and removal of oxides or organic residues
• Optimum plasma processing for a variety of materials
RF Downstream Plasma
The RF powered hollow cathode remote plasma source uses a grid to separate the substrate to the plasma source. This ensures that sensitive substrates are effectively shielded from the primary RF plasma to reduce physical cleaning effects such as heating, Ion bombardment, and redeposition.
DC Plasma with Hot Cathode
The Hot Cathode Remote Plasma Source creates a DC plasma generated by a hot filament at low pressure. The patented plasma chemical cleaning process takes advantage of low-energy ions and radicals that react with surface contaminants to form volatile compounds.
Magazine stacker enables the user to load 2 columns of magazines